Posted on February 17, 2018
There are innumerable hip hop music websites and it is difficult to keep a tab on what’s happening across all the platforms. When you are in love with the varied styles of music videos, you cannot do without a site that brings to you everything in the world of hip hop music under one roof. To get the best of collection of mixtapes and to choose the best music websites in this scene, here are just some criteria to look out for.
We all would want to be the first to have our hands on the latest hip hop mixtapes and music videos. It is imperative to have a site that keeps updating its collections with religious regularity. You wouldn’t want to wait a week to view the most popular music videos release to the air waves so catch up with all the latest actions on a site that has the most extensive and updated collection.
Irrespective of how tacky gossips may sound, every ardent fan of hip hop mixtapes would love to read the latest and the juiciest tidbits from the music scene. Whether you wish to read about your favorite band or unravel the history behind an album, all such information is priceless to the music lovers. The collection of the latest mixtapes and music videos is of course the most important criteria but the most interesting and interactive music websites have loads of gossip, which are a treat in itself.
Not many would perhaps be too keen on editorial content but it is always good to hear out from the experts what their takes might well be on the series of mixtapes, whether it is a critical review of the latest number or an article on the evolution of this music scene. Reach out for hip hop music websites that bring to you intuitive and informative editorial content that would satiate your demanding spirits to know more.
We love to share our thoughts, positive or negative. There is hardly any music fan who wouldn’t want to root for their favorites and fight for their supremacy. The best hip hop based music websites are filled with opinions, ratings of the wide-range of music videos and offer an open forum to discuss anything and everything related to mixtapes. This music scene is a passion and the sites that are passionate enough should be equally thrilled with every little development as a fan.
Posted on February 16, 2018
The internet is ever-changing. You cannot just create a website that brings nothing new to the table and expect it to be successful. Read this article to learn how to keep yourself up to date and how to create a website that is interesting enough to really grab hold of an audience.
There are millions of websites out there. It takes a lot to make a website stand out in today’s world. When making your website be sure that you are making something unique and something that you think other places haven’t covered yet. If you just create the same type of website that already exists elsewhere, you will have trouble really making a name for yourself and getting people interested in your site. You should brainstorm a little bit and think about exactly what your website can do to stand out from the competition.
You should be an expert when it comes to your blog’s topic or at the very least you should know a lot about it and be interested in the topic. If you create a technology blog but it becomes apparent to visitors that you really have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to technology, why would they keep coming back to your website in the future? You need to establish a reputation that you know a lot about your field in order to draw interest from people.
Potential visitors love to interact with websites. Instead of being faceless and robotic, why not open your website up and encourage a back and forth discussion between yourself and your visitors? This will give the visitors the impression that they are actually contributing to your website and they will feel more motivated to keep coming back. On the other hand if you just don’t listen to what your visitors say and do whatever you want, they will feel less enthusiastic about your site and stop coming.
You may want to look into creating a website about a very specific niche instead of creating something more general. For instance, think about music. There are thousands if not millions of general music-related websites out there. What makes you think that as a newcomer your general music site will make an impact at all when you have so many competitors that are already more established than you are? However, if you create a music website dedicated to a genre that has a small but loyal following there will be much less competition out there for you. This will limit just how large you can get and chances are that you will not turn into a worldwide juggernaut by going this route, but the chances of you being relatively successful are much higher.
Make sure you do not fall into the trap of being too complacent when it comes to your website. Always be on the lookout for new trends and really get ahead of the competition by attracting new visitors to your website.
Posted on February 15, 2018
Every recording artist or band out there needs a website. Whether you have one already or are in the process of building one, the following are the top ten most useful features that need to be on your music website:
- The best way to keep your fans “locked in” is to make it appear as if you are far busier than they would ever imagine. It’s a sad trick but it’s completely true. Make sure you update your news section as often as you can. If you don’t, you may look like yesterday’s artist and not the artist of tomorrow.
- People will respect your music and everything you are doing if they actually feel as if they know you.
- A frequently updated blog will provide insight into what you are doing, feeling, and thinking. People who don’t even know you make music will most likely read it regardless and in turn become fans.
- Even if someone isn’t interested in your music, they will read about your life anyway. People love to read. Reading is free.
- It is fun hearing about other people’s lives. On top of that, it is fun informing people about your life.
- Make sure your bio is packed full of important information about where you are from and how you became musically inclined. This is one of the top ways to show people that you are indeed human and “just like them.”
- The most powerful tool in an artist’s arsenal is the ability to capitalize off of the fact that consumers and fans always want more. If they like “this song” then perhaps they will like “this other song” by the same artist.
- Make sure you keep an updated record of all of the songs and albums you have done.
- Don’t just throw everything together. Put it in chronological order from oldest to most recent. People want to observe the growth and change in your music and career.
5. FORUM & MESSAGE BOARD
- When you get to the level of having a lot of fans, and trust me you will, you will want to give them space and opportunity to interact with other like-minded fans.
- A forum/message board is a great place to build buzz and hype about yourself and it will always let you know what is on your fans’ minds. They’ll have free reign to post what they like or don’t like about your most recent composition.
- It’s a great way to receive criticism from your most important critics: your fans.
6. CONTACT INFORMATION
- What if the record label of your dream has heard your free download and wants to give you a call? What if you have no contact information presented on your website? How will they get in touch with you? How will your life change?
- A lot of people forget this important feature and neglect to present any contact information on their websites. Make sure you are not one of them.
- Forms of desired contact information include phone numbers, a P.O. Box, and e-mail addresses. List whatever it will take for someone to get in touch with you.
7. DOWNLOAD SECTION
- Let’s face it, who doesn’t like getting free stuff?
- FREE music, FREE videos, FREE photos, FREE screensavers.
- Give your fans what they deserve.
8. ELECTRONIC PRESS KIT
- Most venues and some label executives know that having a couple of fans is not enough. They know that a couple of “great songs” is not enough. They want to know what other people are saying about you. They want to know what you feel your ‘best songs’ are.
- Put together an electronic press kit. These usually contain press/promotional photos, short/brief videos of performances, your best songs, a brief biography, and press write-ups/testimonials.
- The press kit should be available for download on your website OR available upon request.
- Your photo and video galleries are your opportunities to show people the “real you.”
- Present well taken and well lit photographs of yourself.
- It does not quite matter what you are doing in the photos. You can be touring, in recording studio, performing, on vacation, reading, etc.
- Present them in a well ordered and organized way and you’re set.
- If you think it’s cool and worth knowing about, your fans may feel the same way.
- Have a links page packed full of your favorite artists, artists you have relationships with, studios where you record and blogs you read.
- Who knows? The sites you link to may return the favor and link back to you. It actually happens all the time.
If you implement all these features in your website, you will have a comprehensive foundation for your success online.