The iPad is a brilliant device that is made even more amazing by the huge volume of apps available. Your iPad can become hundreds of different thing is the right piece of software is on it. Today we concentrate on apps for musicians or aspiring musicians and beat makers.
- Virtuoso Piano Free 2 HD If you’ve ever wanted to learn to play the piano or refine your already known skills then the Virtuoso Piano Free 2 HD app is a great choice. A keyboard appears on your iPad screen and you can play it just like you would a real one. They’ll teach you to play the basics and the sound is better than you’d expect. If you’re ready to move past the basics you can play chords with up to five fingers and it allows for shifting octaves. You can also duet with another player on the same iPad.
- Classical Guitar Classical Guitar is an excellent free iPad app if you’re looking to right songs on the go and don’t want to carry around your bulky guitar. It mimics the sound and playing abilities of a classical guitar with nylon strings and the music it produces is lovely. You’re limited to six chords and it doesn’t really feel like playing a real guitar, but that’s not the point. It’s more like a replacement when you don’t have your guitar handy or a way to experiment before you take the leap into buying an actual six string. You can create your own chord sets and it’s free so you can’t beat the price.
- Beatwave (universal) If you’re looking to create music with a few simple button presses (okay, it’s not really simple) Beatwave is a good choice. The free iPad app comes loaded with a big selection of instrument samples so you can create the soundscape you’re looking for. The selection is somewhat limited since they make money by selling your more instruments but you can still create a wide range of songs and sounds with the free version. It’s impressive and good for someone just getting into music creation in this realm.
- LoopJ Interactive DJ Station LoopJ Interactive DJ Station is amazing when you consider that it’s free. This could easily be used by professional DJs and musicians to put together your sound. It comes with two virtual decks that always play together. The interface is easy to use and the results are always going to be stellar. If you know what you’re doing already you’ll be at home with this software.
- RJ Voyager RJ Voyager is made for DJs and allows you to create great mixes using their synthesizers, drums, and great effects that you can make on your own with the mic or use the ones already built in. You can build your own tracks using the simple interface or you can tweak the pre-bundled selections.