Posted on June 16, 2018
So you got your iPod Touch out of the box, connected to WiFi, and you are ready for some apps. When it comes to free music apps for the iTouch there are hundreds of options and it can become a job in and of itself to find which apps are fluff and which apps deliver. Here are the top 10 best free music apps that will have you downloading, remixing, and enjoying any band imaginable in no time at all.
iTunes has worked extensively with Clear Channel Broadcasting to perfect their iheartradio. This program delivers just over 750 radio stations straight to your iTouch. Songs ranging from jazz to classical opera come in crisp and clear with a tagging feature that allows listeners to buy their favorite songs through iTunes.
For the musician needing to kill a bit of time, Drum Kit made my CrimsonJet is a great way to perfect those beats. Take advantage of the iPods responsive touch screen with a full drum from kickers all the way up to top hats. If this is not enough, MarketWall.com is offering their Metronome app for the music aficionados. A simple to use metronome for the iTouch with a customizable ‘tick’ speed. Fun Piano and Cat Piano user are two additional free apps for the piano lovers out there. These apps include anywhere from 6 to twelve piano keys with snappy response time when played on the touch screen.
Along the same lines as Drum Kit and Metronome comes Beat Wave. Be warned, this app is highly addictive as users can press various parts of the screen to develop progressively complex beats. This is hands down one of the best free apps and will have you playing along for hours with complex solos and layering musical patterns.
Last.fm has come a long way from the bland default music app that came pre-loaded on the iPod Classic Touch. It has evolved into one of the best radio apps that has ever been developed. Users can listen to upwards of 5 million songs, all for free. When connected to a WiFi or 3g network, listeners are updated with tour dates of the bands that are currently playing. Pandora still is heads and shoulders above the competition for free music apps though. Listeners can create custom radio stations based off of over 2000 unique qualities from syncopation to instruments being used.
TuneWiki is another innovative music app which allows iTouch owners to listen to their favorite songs with scrolling lyrics. With the new release, listeners may even search TuneWiki libraries to find lyrics to music videos and songs on the radio. This works flawlessly with Rhapsody, a free to download radio app with millions of songs and customizable stations for a small monthly fee.
Posted on June 1, 2018
A cell phone, a music player, a portable radio…? Sounds a bit bulky doesn’t it? With today’s smart mobile devices and handy apps you can take your music and conversation anywhere you go! If you love your android mobile phone and you love your music, you may want to check out these 5 musical apps:
1) Pandora Radio by Pandora
Pandora is a free streaming radio station that you create. Simply enter your favorite artist, song or classical composer and Pandora will play the music you choose and offer you more music just like it to expand your tastes. You can further refine while you listen by clicking like or dislike for each song that comes up.
2) Rhapsody by Rhapsody
With a subscription to Rhapsody you can find and listen to any song instantly. You can literally listen to anything and everything in the catalog whenever you want.
3) Shazam by Shazam Entertainment Limited
If you have ever heard a song and wish you knew who it was, then you will love Shazam. Let Shazam hear the song and it will not only get you the title and artist but also give you the ability to download the song immediately. Other features include finding out tour dates, browsing videos and sharing with your friends on Facebook and Twitter.
4) TuneWiki Social Media Player by TuneWiki
This is a social media player that displays the lyrics while you listen to music, watch music videos, and stream songs through SHOUTcast . Other features include 40+ languages and Facebook and Twitter integration.
5) doubleTwist by doubleTwist Corp.
If you are looking to integrate your iTunes library to your Android based device, you will find this app to be quite useful. Using the doubleTwist desktop client you can sync all your songs, videos, playlists, podcasts and play counts.
Posted on May 17, 2018
The iPad is a brilliant device that is made even more amazing by the huge volume of apps available. Your iPad can become hundreds of different thing is the right piece of software is on it. Today we concentrate on apps for musicians or aspiring musicians and beat makers.
- Virtuoso Piano Free 2 HD If you’ve ever wanted to learn to play the piano or refine your already known skills then the Virtuoso Piano Free 2 HD app is a great choice. A keyboard appears on your iPad screen and you can play it just like you would a real one. They’ll teach you to play the basics and the sound is better than you’d expect. If you’re ready to move past the basics you can play chords with up to five fingers and it allows for shifting octaves. You can also duet with another player on the same iPad.
- Classical Guitar Classical Guitar is an excellent free iPad app if you’re looking to right songs on the go and don’t want to carry around your bulky guitar. It mimics the sound and playing abilities of a classical guitar with nylon strings and the music it produces is lovely. You’re limited to six chords and it doesn’t really feel like playing a real guitar, but that’s not the point. It’s more like a replacement when you don’t have your guitar handy or a way to experiment before you take the leap into buying an actual six string. You can create your own chord sets and it’s free so you can’t beat the price.
- Beatwave (universal) If you’re looking to create music with a few simple button presses (okay, it’s not really simple) Beatwave is a good choice. The free iPad app comes loaded with a big selection of instrument samples so you can create the soundscape you’re looking for. The selection is somewhat limited since they make money by selling your more instruments but you can still create a wide range of songs and sounds with the free version. It’s impressive and good for someone just getting into music creation in this realm.
- LoopJ Interactive DJ Station LoopJ Interactive DJ Station is amazing when you consider that it’s free. This could easily be used by professional DJs and musicians to put together your sound. It comes with two virtual decks that always play together. The interface is easy to use and the results are always going to be stellar. If you know what you’re doing already you’ll be at home with this software.
- RJ Voyager RJ Voyager is made for DJs and allows you to create great mixes using their synthesizers, drums, and great effects that you can make on your own with the mic or use the ones already built in. You can build your own tracks using the simple interface or you can tweak the pre-bundled selections.